Guysborough County Home Support Agency Society has been the provider of home support in Guysborough County for more than 40 Years.
Its Mission Statement is to provide essential Home Support Services for unmet, assessed needs of clients thus enabling these people to remain independent in their own homes under viable conditions, as long as possible.
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor, a Home Support Worker is responsible for providing home support for Clients according to Provincial Standards. Job duties include:
- Personal Care: shower/tub bath, sponge bath, bed bath, AM/PM/HS care, assist with toileting, care of hands/feet, compression stockings, oral hygiene, medication reminders, catheter care, ostomy care, incontinent care
- Mobility: assist to dress/undress, assist to walk/position/assist in/out of chair, assist in/out of bed, proper positioning, encourage activity, Home Support Exercise Program, range of motion exercises (active/passive), transfer/position with mechanical lift
- Meal Preparation: breakfast/lunch/supper/snack – prepare/assist/serve, fed client/assist client with feeding, proper storage of prepared food, advanced meal preparation, clean up (wash dishes and clean kitchen area)
- Household Management: sweep/vacuum/mop floors, wipe tables/counters/fridge/ microwave, clean oven/stove, fridge (defrost/clean) disposal of garbage/recycling, clean bathroom, clean commode, vacuum, attention to home safety
- Laundry: make/change/wash bedding, fold and/or put away
- Family Relief, O2 Therapy, Other tasks as assigned, Hazard ID Checklist
- Must have passed the Continuing Care Assistant provincial exam AND have the Continuing Care Assistant certificate
- Must have current CPR and First Aid, WHMIS / GHS, Food Handlers from Dept. of Agriculture and Marketing, Alzheimer and Related Dementia Care Course and a current Criminal Records Check
- Must have a valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle on a daily basis
Hourly rate for a Home Support Worker is between $16.55 – $17.95 based on experience and qualifications. Please apply in writing, including a full resume with references and supporting documentation to the attention of:
Attention: Denise Halloran, Executive Director
Guysborough County Home Support Agency
PO Box 264, Guysborough NS B0H 1N0
Or by email at: [email protected]
Only candidates that meet the above requirements AND are selected for an interview shall be notified.
Download PDF Version
PDF Document: home_support_employment_may22_2019.pdf – 119kb